A traditional kerala dessert prepared in pressure cooker.
Preparation time: 50 mins | Serves: 6
1. Rice – 1 big handful
2. Milk – 1 ltr
3. Sugar – 1 cup heaped
4 Ghee – 1 tbspn
5. Cashew nuts and raisins – 2 tbspn
- Wash and thoroughly dry the rice, and cracked it using a mixer for only 2 sec.
- Keep a pressure cooker on the stove.
- Pour milk into it after flaming it.
- Add sugar into it.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- After that keep the flame in sim and add cracked rice into the milk.
- Stir it for a minute.
- Close the lid of cooker and put weight on it. Cook until 30 minutes.
- Do not allow the Whistle to come. Whenever the whistle is about to come switch it off and wait for sometime and again flame it in sim.
- Adjust the cooking time until 35~ 40 minute. When the rice cooked well, turn it off.
- Keep it closed for sometime and it will turn to a light ink color.
- Then add cashew nuts and raisins roasted in ghee.
Anju, a Software engineer by profession and a passionate Home cook. Taking time off from the world of Software and spending time in kitchen always gives her a feeling of blessing.