Here is one more Diwali special, a Wheat Halwa.
Preparation time: 45 min | makes : 2 cups
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nut – 1 tbsp
- Raisin – 1 tbsp
- Almonds – 1/2 tbsp
- Heat vessel and roast wheat flour until it turn to a brown colour and keep aside.
- Fry raisin and cashew nuts in ghee and keep aside
- Boil water then add sugar into it. Stir until it dissolves.
- Add cardamom powder, remaining ghee, roasted cashews and nuts and wheat flour.
- Stir without lumps until it become a halwa form.
- Serve into a greased vessel and make a square shape. Garnish it with almonds.
Anju, a Software engineer by profession and a passionate Home cook. Taking time off from the world of Software and spending time in kitchen always gives her a feeling of blessing.