Gulab jamun, a regularly seen dessert for most of the buffets, here you can come up with buffet at your home. Simple as it is to be served.
Be sweet and serve sweet to your guests or be the host & guest and serve yourself, you will enjoy it !
Preparation time: 15 min (+ minimum 1 hour of soaking)
makes 8 to 10 gulab jamuns
Milk powder – Nearly 1 cup
Maida – ¼ cup
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Baking powder – ¼ tsp
Milk -¼ cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Water – 1 cup
Cardamom – 1 tsp
Rose essence – 1 drop (optional)
Oil – For deep-frying
- Take a bowl and mix milk powder, Maida and baking powder together then sieve to remove the lumps in it.
- Add ghee and mix well , then pour milk by little and little and knead until it form a soft dough.
- Now pinch a small portion and roll it to get a small ball .Make balls with all dough.
- Place a frying pan on stove and pour oil to deep fry the balls.
- Slowly turn each balls with a spoon, at frequent intervals to make sure that the balls brown evenly.
- Remove balls from flame and place on a tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- Now we can prepare the sugar syrup. For that take a pan and add sugar, water and cardamom powder and place it on stove in low flame.
- Stir well until the sugar dissolves and the syrup get thicken. This may take 5 minutes.
- Then remove from flame and add a drop of rose essence, set aside.
- After the balls cool down, slide them into the prepared sugar syrup and set aside for an hour or until it softens up well.
- Top with some chopped nuts and serve!!!
Anju, a Software engineer by profession and a passionate Home cook. Taking time off from the world of Software and spending time in kitchen always gives her a feeling of blessing.